Welcome to my blog!
Hey there! I’m so glad that your searching has brought us together! Likely if you’ve found this blog, you are struggling with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) , trying to conceive (or not), hormone balancing, and/or all of the things that come with it. Girl, this life is HARD and I have been living it my whole life, probably just like you.
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17, but didn’t take it seriously until my husband and I began actively trying to conceive. After suffering from five MC within a three year period, I decided that it was time to make a more serious change. It wasn’t until I made some serious life decisions and began to follow a totally dairy-free diet that I started to notice the scale shift downward – FINALLY! While I am currently still at the heaviest I have ever been, I have been working my butt off to get to a more healthy weight and size.
After digging into the research from other countries, I realized that as an American woman I was going about the whole process wrong. I am actively still losing weight, but my inflammation has gone down so much and I feel better than when I was 165 pounds! I would like to keep going and have a specific number in mind that I’d like to get to, but I am mostly focused on being able to live the active and healthy life-style that I have always wanted and used to have.
Following this blog and podcast, you can expect a few things…
- First and foremost – support! We are all at different points in our journey and have different end goals in mind. We love and support all people at Modern Meditations.
- Recipes! Because I am currently dairy-free and following a mostly Mediterranean Diet, you can expect those types of recipes from me. Maybe some day I will be brave enough to go vegan. (But really, if you’re vegan and reading this… please help me be more like you! lol)
- Research on different methods, interventions, diet, exercise, supplements, and the like.
- A somewhat censored version of my TTC journey. I do still have a professional life so….
- Tips and tricks that I have found helpful or seem like might be helpful for the members of our community.
- Scriptural outpourings and meditations to the Lord that come directly from my heart in a way that loves all people and demeans or puts down no one. This is a community of love and support intended for all women regardless of sex, size, age, orientation, religion or ethnicity. (I am still very actively learning how hormones effect all women and not just myself, so please be gracious with me as I learn). We love everyone here and will actively enforce love in all of our comments and forums.
My Introductions post basically fills you in on my full history if you’re curious to go read it, you can find it here.
Only just recently have I started seeing some relief from switching some things up and digging farther into scientific research. Most of what I talk about on my blog will come backed with a source (usually in the form of an academic paper or link to a research journal) but a LOT of the areas regarding women’s hormones, PCOS specifically, lack a plethora of research and might be based on methods used in Eastern Medicine and or herbal remedies.
I am always looking for new comrades to do a guest post or come onto the Podcast to talk about all things PCOS, hormones and fertility! If you are interested, shoot an email to modmedpodcast (at) gmail (dot) com!
Lastly, and possibly most importantly, I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. PLEASE consult with your doctor before following any advice from this blog.