A favorite dinner in the Holly House is Lo Mein, but it is not very diet friendly for the diet my hubby and I follow. This recipe is adapted from multiple different Lo Mein recipes and customized to how my husband and I like it, so feel free to change to your taste.
- Two or Three Packages of Shirataki Mushroom Noodles (You can grab these in the produce section at WalMart, or if you order food on Amazon, the angel hair and/or fettuccini Miracle Noodles would be perfect!)
- 2 cups bok choy cabbage chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 package frozen mixed veggies (or you can chop fresh carrots, peas, mushrooms, and bell peppers.)
- Plant Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Green Onion for Garnish
- 2 cups Shrimp or Chicken Chopped to quarter-sized pieces
- 2 packets of Stevia
What To Do:
- Drain and rinse the noodles, set aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, add 2 TBS. Sesame Oil.
- Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add frozen veggies, bok choy, mushrooms, and cook thoroughly.
- Add chicken or shrimp to pan and cook.
- Add the noodles and a few pats of butter and cook until noodles are done to liking.
- Add the sauce (Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Olive oil, and stevia) and cook until the noodles absorb some of the sauce.
- Serve while hot, top with green onion, and enjoy 🙂